Introduction: ‘Tis the season for spreading joy and indulging in the sweet traditions of Christmas baking! If you’re looking to simplify your holiday baking without compromising on flavor and festive cheer, consider making Christmas cookies from a cake mix. This time-saving hack not only streamlines the process but also delivers delicious, soft, and chewy cookies that will leave your friends and family reaching for more.
Why Cake Mix? Using a cake mix as the base for your Christmas cookies might seem unconventional, but it’s a game-changer in terms of convenience and consistency. Cake mixes typically include all the dry ingredients you need, saving you the hassle of measuring and sifting. Plus, the variety of cake mix flavors opens up a world of possibilities for creating unique and delectable cookies.
Recipe: Red Velvet Peppermint Crinkle Cookies
- 1 box of red velvet cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candies
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the red velvet cake mix, eggs, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined and a dough forms.
- Place the powdered sugar and crushed peppermint candies in separate shallow bowls.
- Scoop tablespoon-sized portions of dough and roll them into balls. Roll each ball in the powdered sugar until fully coated.
- Place the coated dough balls on the prepared baking sheet, spacing them about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are set. The centers will be slightly soft, but they will firm up as they cool.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve and enjoy the delightful combination of red velvet and peppermint in every bite!
Customization Ideas: Feel free to get creative with your cake mix Christmas cookies! Here are a few ideas to inspire your holiday baking:
- Chocolate Peppermint Surprise: Use a chocolate cake mix, add crushed candy canes to the dough, and sandwich a chocolate mint candy in the center of each cookie.
- Lemon Cranberry Bliss: Opt for a lemon cake mix, incorporate dried cranberries into the dough, and drizzle with a lemon glaze for a citrusy and tart twist.
- Gingerbread Delight: Choose a gingerbread cake mix, mix in chopped crystallized ginger, and roll the dough balls in a cinnamon-sugar mixture before baking.
Conclusion: This Christmas season, don’t let the stress of baking overshadow the joy of sharing delicious treats with loved ones. With cake mix Christmas cookies, you can have the best of both worlds—efficiency and mouthwatering flavor. So, gather your ingredients, preheat the oven, and let the aroma of festive cookies fill your home. Happy baking!